Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

Writing a blog about my kids, I always feel pressure to write something particularly poignant on holidays such as Thanksgiving. Something sweet and meaningful, filled with unique insights about the magic of motherhood.

And so I procrastinate.

And pray that the kids will sleep in late on the big day, giving me extra time to think and write and be poetic.

Half my wish came true this year. My two magical creations slept in late, but the most brilliant thing I can come up with is this:

Words cannot describe how thankful I am for the family that I am so blessed to call my own. I am thankful that we are all healthy. And we are here together.

It's been seven years since Jeff and I spent this holiday half a globe apart. Right now he is still in bed, but he's home.

And for that I am thankful.

It's been four years since AJ proved my Thanksgiving decorations were no match for a busy toddler. This morning my mature kindergartner greeted me with, "Today is Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving Mom."

And for that I am thankful.

I can't think of any particularly memorable Thanksgiving moments involving Sydney. But the day is young. I'm sure her incredible mind will come up with something. When she woke this morning, she announced, "I had a good dream."

"What was your dream about?" I asked.

"It was about while I was sleeping," was her circular answer.

I am thankful for the rest of my family and the people I call good friends. For my home, my health, my freedom and my job.

Life is good. And for that I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment