Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day thanks

What's the best way to honor a veteran? The answers will likely vary depending on which veteran you ask. But in broadest terms, I think most would agree they want people to remember and appreciate their service to our country.

AJ certainly appreciates soldiers... as much as a five year old can appreciate anything. His flag is a little backwards, but the patriotic pride is strong. He says he wants to be a soldier someday. If that's still a goal in about 13 years, I hope I will be strong enough to say, "Sure. Good luck!"

I wonder in years to come if AJ will even remember the weekends and annual training drills that kept Jeff away from us. This is the first Veteran's Day that I can sit back and be grateful, without fear of my favorite soldier being called up to serve one more time.

May God bless all who have bravely and willingly sacrificed so much. And may He look after their families and give them the courage and strength they need, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment