Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Race fans

Looking at this photo, I guess Zane has an excuse to be tired. He just finished a 5K. Granted he was being pushed in a stroller powered by his mom, but he still traveled faster than either Jeff or I did.

AJ and Sydney, meanwhile, stuck with the rest of the non-runners in the family, cheering us on and waiting for us at the finish line. AJ had been in costume, but apparently grew tired of being a dead warrior (two costumes - skeleton with knight gear) by the end of the race. For Sydney it was the opposite, it's tough to get her to take the costume off. She continued to be "Daphne" (from Scooby Doo), even though she wasn't wearing the Daphne costume. I guess she's Daphne dressed as a Halloween princess.

As for the rest of us, here's our proof of keeping the annual tradition alive.

Once again, I was the slowest in the group, but I shaved more than a minute off my time from two years ago, finishing in 28:14. As we drove down Saturday morning, AJ pointed out that I always lose. I reminded him that I may not win, but I still beat a lot of other people. And as long as I'm out there doing my best, that's what really matters.
Apparently he's heard a similar "consolation" message in school because he quickly responded, "If you're having fun, you've already won."

No comments:

Post a Comment