Friday, November 23, 2012

Photo glitch

I have these fun photos of my kids enjoying the first snowfall of winter, but I can't show them to you.

Why not?

Because apparently after four and a half years of blogging 1,350 posts, I have used up my limit of photo space. When I attempted to upload pictures this morning, I got the following message:

Whoops! You're out of space. You are currently using 100% of your 1 GB quota for photos.


1 GB of photos? Wow!

There's supposed to be an easy solution. For $2.49/month I can have up to 25 GB of pictures. That ought to be enough space to enable me to someday blog about my grandkids.

At first, my innate sense of cheapness took over and I scowled at the thought of having to pay $30/year for who knows how long. But then I thought about the hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of stamping and scrapbooking materials down in my basement, and figured that if $2.49/month keeps me from spending more on my former hobby, then it's a pretty good investment.

And so I clicked on the link to increase my quota. And got another message.

Uh oh. There was a problem.
We couldn't start your purchase because of a technical issue.
Details of the problem below:  
Sorry, we were unable to process this request. Please try again later.
 
Is it just me, or did the first part of the message contain more details than the supposedly detailed part? Do you supposed the technical problem has anything to do with the vast number of people attempting to buy Christmas gifts online on this day after Thanksgiving? Hopefully, this problem won't last long. In the meantime, I'm going to take it as a sign to grab my cup of coffee and go read a book. Or maybe put up Christmas decorations. Or anything else that doesn't involve sitting in front of the computer or dealing with crowds of shoppers.

No comments:

Post a Comment