Friday, November 30, 2012

The young and the wiggly

This is a picture of Sydney and Max, who apparently (in Sydney's opinion) looks good in a Dalmatian shirt.
 

Max has again risen to the top of the list of boys who are pretty special but AREN'T Sydney's boyfriend.

What makes Max so special? He helped her get on the bus today.

Both Jeff and I had to work late today, and the after school program had no space for the kids. Luckily, my awesome friend Crystal was willing to watch the kids. They could ride the bus home with her boys after school. We planned this out a few days ahead of time. All was good.

Until Sydney, who usually rides Bus 1, got nervous that she wouldn't be able to find Bus 2.

As luck would have it, her friend Max (you've read about him before - he's in her kindergarten glass, on her hockey team and was on her soccer team) also rides Bus 2, and gallantly came to her rescue.

"Max is going to hold my hand, so I'm not nervous anymore," Sydney informed me when she got home from school one day.

Of course that started the teasing from a certain big brother.

"Max is NOT my boyfriend," Sydney shouted, "He makes me too wiggly."

How's that?

"I get the wiggles when I'm by him," Sydney explained.

"Is this something your teacher told you?" I asked, wondering if her teacher once had to separate the two for goofing off together and scolded them for being too wiggly.

"No, I only get the wiggles at hockey."

"Did your hockey coach say something?" I guessed again.

"No," Sydney said, "I just know."

This morning, I reminded Sydney of the after school plans. I told her I'd emailed her teacher, and I also paper clipped a note to her folder that she should give to the bus driver.

"I'll just give it to Max. He'll give it to his bus driver for me," was her confident reply.

Max is quite the hero. A real knight in shining armor. Or, in this case, a knight in a Dalmatian shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment