Thursday, December 6, 2012

Dear Santa

The photo caption options for Sydney are endless:
 
 
"No, I don't want to hear I'm on the naughty list."
"I can't believe AJ is asking for THAT!"
"Maybe I am still a little bit afraid of Santa."
 
In reality, Sydney can't remember why she suddenly felt compelled to plug her ears while sitting on Santa's lap when he visited their school for the annual pancake breakfast last weekend.

She probably was regretting that she'd been telling me for weeks she was going to ask Santa for a La La Loopsie doll. Because when - while standing in line to see him - she suddenly announced she wanted a Little Mermaid castle instead, I told her she had to stick with the same request she'd told to Santa last week at the Children's Museum. (Wouldn't you know - the only gift I've purchased so far - is the one she no longer wants.)

 
We did get fairly decent expressions out of them eventually.
 
AJ, meanwhile, told me he wanted to ask for an autographed Bobby Orr hockey card. I quickly put the kabosh on that request. (quick update: a friend informed me you actually can purchase autographed memorabilia at bobbyorr.com, so I checked it out. Uh, no! That gift would only cost a mere $300-$400. So instead AJ asked for new batting gloves.

The Christmas fun continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment