Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The big dig continues

We're now up to 23 bags of sand inside the newest addition to our backyard. Plus, Jeff added small triangular seats to the corners of the frame. In its first 24 hours, the sandbox already has witnessed several major "Bob Builder" projects, a battle of knights, and a tank invasion.

That's right, along with the sand, a small army fortress suddenly appeared. I noticed that when the new sand was poured in, it seems to have been left in large mounds, rather than raked smooth, providing a strategic advantage for the base camp.

I'm sure this is all just a remarkable coincidence, and not the work of my full-size soldier, who I've been told used to spend hours as a child playing with a mini-army set in the garden.

1 comment:

  1. I just tagged you for a muse on my knitting blog. There are more details on the blog.

    ReplyDelete