Saturday, June 14, 2008

Happy Father's Day... now feed me.

Jeff's Guard schedule required that we celebrate Father's Day a few days early. We started the celebration with dinner at Timberlodge, where we learned that Sydney LOVES walleye. She gobbled it up as fast as I could put it in front of her. I think she ate more food than AJ did.

I guess I'm officially on the Mommy Diet again. That means my portion sizes are reduced by about a third because I'm sharing my meal with my toddler who's too big for baby food, but not big enough to justify the cost of a kid's meal. In a few months, the Mommy Diet will start working against any weight loss goals. That's when I'll feel compelled to finish the food on Sydney's plate, rather than let it go to waste. I guess you could say it's going to my waist instead.

Back to our early Father's Day fun. After dinner, we stopped in for a nice visit with Bill and Jo, where AJ tried unsuccessfully to hit up Grandpa Bill for another boat ride. We then returned home, where AJ helped Daddy open his card and present.

No comments:

Post a Comment