Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I am woman, here me roar!

I'm taking a little departure from writing about my kids, because I'm so darn proud of how we've done these two weeks while Jeff was gone.

(AJ took this picture while we were waiting for the Whipper Snapper races to start last Friday. I was quite surprised to see that it's fairly straight, centered and with no fingers covering the shot.)


On Sunday, I survived a "low tire pressure" light coming on during the drive back from the Twin Cities to Duluth. Monday, I conquered the grill, which usually only Jeff touches. Tuesday, I managed to mow the lawn and weed the garden while Sydney napped. Roar! Wednesday night we hosted a playdate with NINE kids between the ages of 1 and 3-1/2. Thursday, we biked to the playground. It's just over a mile away, but that's 65 pounds of kids I had to tow. And did I mention I've picked up three freelance writing assignments, all for different publications, in just the last week? Roar some more!


Giving credit where credit is due, I have to say that AJ has been a huge help. He has entertained Sydney in the bathtub, in the sandbox and at the dinner table, each time giving me just a few, brief, precious moments to relax. He even stopped her (by grabbing her leg) from crawling toward the stairs one day. He is a good big brother, and great Mommy's helper!

No comments:

Post a Comment