Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Rainy days... and knights

We're in the midst of a pretty intense thunderstorm right now. AJ should be asleep, but a few minutes ago he called me into his room. I figured the loud thunder was scaring him, so I tried to relax him by comparing the sounds to a line from one of his favorite Dr. Seuss books.

I needn't have bothered. AJ enthusiastically announced, "It's getting ready to rain. It's going to be icky tomorrow. So we can go to the museum and see the trains!"

This child is way too smart. Here's his reasoning:
Two weeks ago, we visited the new castle exhibit at the Children's Museum in the Depot. AJ had so much fun that the next day he wanted to go again.
I told him no.
Of course he had to ask his favorite question, "Why?"
I answered, "It's much too nice out to play inside at the museum. We're going to play outside today."

Therefore, with his three-year-old logic, he's determined that when the weather's not nice, he ought to get to visit the Children's Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment