Wednesday, May 6, 2009

All hail the spring thunderstorm

I was at work when the fun started. Thankfully it only lasted a couple minutes and the cars weren't damaged by the pea-size and larger hail. I'm wondering what it was like at home though, because it was close to two hours later when I was able to snap this picture.


There were two spots in our garden that had large piles of hail. It must have piled up on our roof or in a gutter, and then all slid down at once, because there was no evidence of hail anywhere else. Go figure.

AJ didn't seem to recall ever picking up hail pellets, though I know he has. He immediately wanted to bring some inside to throw at Daddy. Daddy, who was busy making meatballs for supper, wasn't amused. So AJ and I went back outside and threw some at each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment