Saturday, May 23, 2009

Such a boy

I've done my best to expose my children to a variety of interests, irrelevant of their gender. And so I'm proud that AJ is sensitive enough to appreciate flowers. He certainly charmed the elderly ladies shopping at the greenhouse, as he would excitedly run to me with a small pot in hand and exclaim, "Let's get this one. It's beautiful. Would you like to smell it?"

And then we got home and I was reminded of what a boy he is. As we dug in the garden, he discovered a worm. AJ then spent the rest of the afternoon searching for more worms. He literally left no stone unturned as he once again destroyed my garden border.

If Daddy gets a fishing license, I suspect these two will be spending some quality time together by the river this weekend. They now have plenty of bait. For the worms, after being poked, prodded and closely examined by a curious and overly enthusiastic preschooler, I suspect the end of a hook won't seem so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment