Sunday, May 3, 2009

No fear

With AJ, I remember being amazed at the change in his ability and level of daring from our last playground visit in the fall to when we'd return in the spring. For instance, the tall steps and slides that intimidated him at two and a half were child's play (literally) by the time he was three.

With Sydney, I just witnessed the same kind of transformation. In one afternoon. It started with a trip to Gordy's Hi Hat for lunch, which of course had to include some time on the outdoor playground. Sydney started on the smallest slide. One trip down and she was ready for the bigger slide. You have to climb more steps and bypass more kids to get to it, and it's a longer way down. That was good for about three times. And then it was time for the big kid slide. More steps to climb, more kids to get around and a small "bridge" to cross. Sydney was in heaven! Over and over and over again.

Later, while Sydney (and I) napped, Jeff took AJ to the "rocket ship" playground. After we woke up, we joined the boys for... you guessed it... a few hundred trips up and down the slide.


Maybe I ought to just dye my hair grey. That would make my little daredevil's job a littler easier.

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't surprise me a bit....She's a second child who has a big brother to watch AND copy. Besides that, she has a mommy who was my climber who even climbed up and got into the aspirin with me just feet away when her daddy left the cap off the bottle. Don't know how many gray hairs I got from MY little darling, but Mommy Dana should be happy her hair is blond - gray doesn't show as much.

    ReplyDelete