Thursday, February 11, 2010

Be mine!

We hadn't thought about it when we named him, but giving our first born a two-letter nickname has some definite advantages. For instance, when that child reaches the age of five and has to sign his name to 32 Valentines, having an extremely short name certainly speeds up the process.


Twenty cards for preschool, another 12 for Kids Korner; if he'd had a longer name, we'd have been working on this all night.

"Mommy, do my friends want my autograph?"

"Something like that."

Bummer for AJ, his Mommy can't seem to turn off her tendency to proofread everything. Those couple of cards on which he signed just"A"... they were put back in front of him to finish. Of course when you're five, it's extremely funny to realize you'd signed your name as A. So then it became a game to see if he could sneak another one past me.

Not too likely. Especially with the way he giggled, making his "trick" pretty obvious. (I did let him get away with the "signature" that looked more like AL. Hey - it's tough to remember which direction to make the loop on a J.)
I'm thinking this might be a good time to shorten my daughter's name to Syd.

No comments:

Post a Comment