Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Rink rats

Funny... I used to think it was Jeff's Guard schedule that screwed up our weekends. Well, one week after clearing that crimp, I was reminded of our new one: hockey concession stand duty. Four hours on a Saturday afternoon, tending watch in a tiny kitchen while trying not to think of the good I could do if I ever dedicated that much time to my own kitchen.

Sydney has been a trooper throughout. The portable DVD player helps.

Jeff deserves a lot of credit, too. He brought the kids down about an hour into my shift, then spent at least an hour and a half out on the ice with AJ.


I have one shift left to work, but it's not until early March. If these warm temperatures continue, I'm wondering if there will even be any ice left by that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment