Sunday, November 27, 2011

Final Thanksgiving reflections

Tomorrow it's back to reality. It's back to school for AJ and back to work for me. AJ tried to make the argument that a four day weekend isn't long enough this time of year since the days are so short. I love his logic, but it probably wouldn't fly with his teacher or my boss.

As I checked his backpack and folder to make sure we weren't forgetting anything, I discovered a school project I somehow had missed earlier. Reading AJ's list, and the order in which he wrote it, regardless of how he spelled it, made me smile. And it made me proud.


In case you can't read it, the assignment was to list the things he's thankful for. He wrote, in this order:
  1. God
  2. Army
  3. Family
  4. Electricity
  5. Dog
  6. Food
  7. Freedom
  8. Help
Maybe, just maybe, I'm doing something right as a mom after all. And for that, I'm very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment