Friday, November 11, 2011

For those who've served

Today's blog post is an easy one because there's very little for me to write. In some ways it reminds me of the Family Circus cartoons when "Billy" stepped in and drew the strips. Today, I'm letting AJ do the writing. Because really, I couldn't say it any better myself.

Last night I reminded him that today is Veteran's Day. AJ immediately set to work creating a card for his favorite veteran.


Inside, that's Jeff on the left with his hand over his heart saying the Pledge of Allegiance.


In case you can't read the message, here's a close up:


And on the back, "That's Dad firing his gun."


To all the veterans out there and their families, thank you.

And now it's time for me to wake up my patriotic young artist and get him ready for school. He's wearing camouflage pants in recognition of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment