Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving thanks - my turn

It's probably a good thing I waited until this morning to reflect on my many blessings. As exhausted as I was last night - by work, by kids, by a puppy that never stops chewing on things, by a way-too-hectic schedule - I'm afraid the top thing on my list of what I'm grateful for would have been a big glass of wine.

But now I've had almost eight hours of sleep. I awoke to find my husband sleeping next to me (and not snoring!) after his night of work. The puppy wasn't barking to get out of his kennel. AJ and Sydney were both still sleeping. And a big cup of coffee was just a push of the "brew" button away.

Yes, I am blessed.

We are healthy. We have jobs. We have a nice warm home. We are safe and we are all together.

Oh yeah, and it's an unseasonably warm day.

What more could we need?

Sure, there are plenty of things I still want. A quick scan through the Black Friday ads reminds me of that. But God has more than provided us with everything we need. He's definitely blessed me with more than I deserve.

Coincidentally, right as I was typing "blessed me with more than I deserve," Gus - who is in the back yard - went racing past the window, leaped up the step and crashed into the door. Thud! (Sigh) Yeah, that's probably more in line with what I deserve.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

1 comment:

  1. Something else to be thankful for .... If you had gone with your original plan, you could have TWO like Gus crashing into your door. See it could be worse. :>)

    ReplyDelete