Saturday, November 19, 2011

Snow + puppy + glove = "Mommy, help!"

The snow that's been predicted all week - first for Sunday, then for Saturday night into Sunday, then for Saturday afternoon - showed up Friday afternoon. It wasn't a lot, just enough to remind us about the fun of winter driving, and to get Sydney excited to play outside in her new (hand-me-down) snowpants and brand new gloves.

Of course Gus wanted to join her. He's gotten over his initial "What just happened?!?" shock of seeing snow on the ground, and now seems to enjoy playing outside more than ever. And so out the back door they went in search of accumulated snow.



That lasted about a minute and a half, and then Sydney was back at the door, "Moooommmmmm! Gus has my glove!"


We did our best to corner him, which didn't work at all.

Gus loved this game of chase, dodging us with ease and running around the yard.


I finally threw one of his toys at him, which shocked him enough that he dropped the glove. I grabbed it, put it back on Sydney and headed back inside. Just as I was taking off my coat, Sydney was back at the door, yelling for me and yelling at Gus. Back on went the coat as I headed back out to repeat the "chase, dodge, throw things at the dog" process. It took a little longer this time because Gus apparently wasn't as surprised anymore by the sight of toys hurtling his way.

At last I was able to retrieve the glove. I again put it on Sydney's hand and went back inside. Before I took my coat off, I turned around to see what she was playing with Gus. She was feeding him snow.


No wonder it was so easy for him to grab her glove! Here Gus, why don't you just take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment