Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving thanks - by Sydney

Yesterday I focused on her big brother's list. Today, on the eve of Thanksgiving, I've asked Sydney to count her blessings.


It worked out rather nicely, because one of her "homework" assignments for preschool this week is to tell someone five things she's thankful for. Here's what she had to say:

"I'm thankful for hugs (pause)... turkeys. And I'm thankful to eat them and to go to houses."

I interrupted her, "what do you mean 'go to houses'?"

"Everybody's houses. Grandmas and grandpas, and cousins, and Uncle Steve's."

She then picked up where she left off. "I'm thankful for flowers. Those are all the five things I like."

How fun it is to get my kids' perspectives on the things that matter most. Tomorrow I'll try to compile a list of my own. It's probably going to be longer than just five things.

No comments:

Post a Comment