Friday, August 17, 2012

Birthday greetings

Today's blog post is pretty much being written for an audience of one. It's for
one of my most loyal readers, who happens to be turning 70 years young today.


Sydney's masterpiece used to say Grandma at the top. Actually, it still does, it's just hard  to read because she's colored over it. The reverse side says Happy Birthday. I suggested someone write 70 on their sign, to which AJ responded, "She doesn't look that old."

He's such a charmer.

If you look in the top right corner of Sydney's piece, I think that's a 70, with a backwards 7.

In honor of the big day, I asked AJ what he loves best about Grandma Elouise. He answered, "She's always nice and kind to us, even though we sometimes make mistakes."

And what does Sydney love best? "Her dolls and the nice candy and the comfy bed. I like when we have vacation there and have lots of fun with Grandma."

What are their favorite things to do with Grandma Elouise?

AJ: "Probably going to restaurants and having fun times with her."

Sydney: "I like to hug her and sometimes kiss her. I love her. She's so special to me."

Happy birthday, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment