Friday, August 31, 2012

Backyard party

It takes a special kind of photographer to go to an 8-year-old girl's birthday party and not take a single picture of the birthday girl.
 
What can I say? I'm special.
 
Happy belated birthday, Addie. Even if you didn't end up in any of the shots in your backyard.
 
 
The highlight for AJ (and I suspect for the other boys - Jeff included - in this shot) was the obstacle course set up in the back yard. To Addie's mom and dad - you have just raised the bar for all future parties. This was so cool.

 
Once they went through the course a couple times, it was time for a quick in... something. (Physics? Engineering? Uh oh, this is what happens when a journalism major tries to remember what area of science dealt with levers and fulcrums. And yes, I just had to look up that last part on Wikipedia.)
 
Of course the kids just thought it was fun. Maybe they could be journalists some day.

 
While the boys were letting Jeff catapult them into the air, Sydney bounced in a different area of the backyard.

 
And then it was time to spin and swing.

 
We've been to our share of unseasonably cool, wind-off-the-Lake, parties in this backyard. Which makes days like this all the more enjoyable. Happy birthday, Addie!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad they liked the obstacle course! I got a kick out of them trying to beat their previous time by skipping all the parts that slowed them down.

    I didn't get any pictures, so you did better than me.

    ReplyDelete