Monday, January 21, 2013

VIP treatment

Funny how you can take out the full-time job component of your life and focus on your kids and still find yourself busier than ever. Too busy, anyway, to blog about the busy-ness. That's the best excuse I can come up with right now for my several day absence. 

I haven't been to work since 2 p.m. last Thursday, and yet this is still the first moment I've taken the time to share these fun photos. It was the culmination of Sydney's week as VIP.


We shared what she'd written and the photos in the journal. And then I got to read to her class - it was an Amelia Bedelia book we had checked out from the library that Sydney simply fell in love with. (And one that I was more than happy to return the next day, we've read it so many times.)


The biggest challenge was holding the book so all the kids could see. Around Sydney. She got to stand by me while we read, and kept shifting around to get the best view.


She was so excited to have me there, and to get to go home with me (we picked up AJ, too) when it was done. "This is my first time being pick-up when I didn't have a show," she reminded me. The kindergartners have put on two music programs so far this year, and I've brought her home with me afterward each time.

When all was said and done, I asked her what was her favorite part of being VIP. "Being line leader, and helping Ms. Boese, and my poster, and you coming to class, and bringing a snack and doing the journal," was her answer. (I may have switched the order of a couple of those, but she pretty much listed every perk there was.)

"Not taking care of Little Bear?" I asked, noting the one thing she hadn't mentioned.

"And Little Bear, too." She grinned and hugged me.

It's good to be VIP. Even better to be her mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment