Thursday, September 3, 2009

Who do you think you are?

Sydney seems to be having a multi-part identity crisis. For one thing, see that mass of curly snarls she's holding? That's her Baby Zane. All babies (real and otherwise) right now bear the name of her newest cousin.


But the greater issue we have is with the false sense of authority she tries to impose on others. For instance, the little mommy seems to think she can order around the big mommy. That doesn't work around here.

After accidentally dropping a marker on the floor last night, and then purposely dropping a few more, she announced, "Mommy, go get them."

"Excuse me?" was my rather incredulous reply.

"Go get them!" She promptly repeated.

"I don't think so," I answered. "Is that how you talk to mommy?"

At least she had the grace to look embarrassed. "Nooooo," was her sheepish reply.

Sydney also still lacks a basic understanding of pronouns, which makes for some interesting misunderstandings. "I carry you," is one of her favorite phrases. Translation: "I want you to carry me."

No comments:

Post a Comment