Thursday, September 17, 2009

That's Sydney

My poor, poor baby.

Not Sydney. I'm talking about Mary Ann, my old doll, who now is being a little too well cared for, thanks to the good, though misguided, intentions of her new toddler-sized caregiver.


I figured there's nothing Sydney could do to Mary Ann that I hadn't already inflicted on her at some point during my childhood. This is, after all, the doll that accompanied me on cross-country trips involving dramatic elevation changes that caused her to bloat out and then de-compress, depending on where we were in the mountains.
I figured wrong.
Mom, correct me if my memory is fuzzy, but I'm fairly certain I never slathered Mary Ann with diaper rash cream. That's what Sydney was doing when I caught her explaining to the doll that "This tickles. Okay?" (Sydney is not a fan of diaper cream, so, to get her to lay still when I have to use it on her, I tell her that "this will only tickle.")
In Mary Ann's case, it may have tickled having the cream applied. But wiping it off was no laughing matter. Arbonne diaper ointment certainly does do a good job of sticking to surfaces and warding off moisture. And there was a lot of it. The picture only shows the little bit that Sydney wiped on the doll's face and legs, but her entire back side was covered with it. I could not wash that stuff off! It finally took a few Clorox Wipes to get rid of the goo.
I guess I should be grateful for Sydney's thoroughness and attention to detail when role playing. Note that she also had pulled down a clean diaper for the doll. That's what Mary Ann is laying on. Why is this a good thing? Because it kept the diaper cream from getting on the carpet.

2 comments:

  1. That'a way, Sydney. What a little mommy.
    And NO Dana, I don't recall you ever smearing diaper rash ointment on Mary Ann. (Did even you have Mary Ann when you were two?) I always kept that kind of stuff way out of reach of you kids anyway. Glad it didn't get on the carpet - that would have been REALLY fun trying to clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not like Arbonne Diaper ointment is cheap either!

    ReplyDelete