Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Double up

This is a significant day of sorts. Today, Sydney turns two years, four months and 15 days. So why is that worth noting? Because that means she is now the exact age AJ was in the photo below.

That's right. Sydney is now the age AJ was on the day she was born. To look at it another way, AJ today is exactly twice as old as Sydney. He's been a big brother for as long as he was an only child.
AJ has always impressed me with how quickly (and willingly) he adapted to sharing the spotlight. I wonder if Sydney would be as gracious.

I hesitated whether to even write about this, for fear someone would misinterpret how much spare time I seem to have. I really don't spend a lot of time thinking about things like this, but two different acquaintances with children close in age to AJ and Sydney recently gave birth to their third. That got me doing the math. And shuddering at the very thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment