Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Star of the week

Twinkle, twinkle little star. How I wonder...
why you can't sit still for 30 seconds so mommy can take your picture?


And smile?

Without a mask on?

It's AJ's turn to be Star of the Week at preschool. I don't know entirely what this means for him, but for Mommy it's meaning a heckuva lot of extra work.

I'll be sending a note today explaining that the healthy treats and juice will be coming tomorrow because I didn't read the entire letter from the teacher until after 10 p.m. last night. Good thing he's the star all week! I'll be taking some time off from work on Wednesday to visit his class and read his favorite story. We're still deciding what that story will be. I'm pushing for Dino-hockey. His choice – a book explaining how armor has changed over the centuries – doesn't strike me as something that will hold the interest of the rest of his class.

But AJ's Star Poster is done and ready to go. That's what the impromptu photo session was all about. We needed a picture of him, and of course I had no current close-ups. We ultimately went with a picture from last summer.


It's recent enough, and after a quick trip to Walmart last night, it's printed and ready to go. Twinkle, twinkle, my little star!

No comments:

Post a Comment