Sunday, November 15, 2009

Go Diego go!

A few days ago, I found an old Diego doll in the bottom of AJ's toy box. AJ was happy to give it to his little sister, and when she saw it, you would have thought it was Christmas morning.

"AJ give me Diego," she tells me, with a nod of her head each time, as if to reaffirm the doll is hers for keeps. Sydney and Diego have been inseparable ever since. She's started calling him her good friend, and tells me, "I make him happy. Not sad. He happy."

Jeff and I continue to wonder if this is a glimpse of what's to come. She threw a fit the other night when we said she couldn't watch another Diego movie. It's as if we were saying, "You're seeing too much of that boy."

But it turns out Sydney's love for Diego is more maternal in nature. Either that or she's going to spoil some man someday, by waiting on him hand and foot.

Sydney reports that Diego likes cheeseburgers, french fries and milk. But he doesn't like waffles.

What a good little mommy/obsessed fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment