Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Need a little help there?

Perhaps now she'll appreciate some of what we do for her. But probably not.


Crab legs have long been a favorite for the two little seafood lovers at my house. Thankfully, their taste buds aren't overly sophisticated, and we can fool them with imitation crab meat. It's cheaper, and it gives Jeff and me a chance to crack and eat our own crag legs while they're still warm. Otherwise, we're too busy helping the kids.


On Sunday evening, I was rushing to simply get the food on the table. I divided up the crab legs and dished out the rest of the meal, and then carried the plates to the table. I always do the kids plates first because it gives their food an extra minute or so to cool. Jeff meanwhile, loaded Sydney into her high chair. What I forgot to do was add the fake crab meat.


It took Sydney maybe three seconds to make that discovery. There were crab legs on her plate. She knew there was good stuff inside them, but clearly didn't know how to get it out. With a horror stricken look on her face, she held the crab legs high and proclaimed, "Oh no!"

No comments:

Post a Comment