Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The boyfriend

Sydney has a new love. I'd say her infatuation has reached obsession level. The subject of her affections is a young man named Diego, and he's an animal rescuer with a really cool rescue pack. Have you figured out by now that he's a cartoon? Diego is the cousin of Sydney's previous favorite, Dora the Explorer, who suddenly seems to have lost her appeal. (Though, thankfully, the Dora boots are still the favorite footwear of this fickle toddler.)


It's as if she's saying, "I can't be bothered with pictures right now, Mom. Can't you see I'm busy watching Diego?"

I hope this isn't an indication of how she'll act with teen crushes.

On the plus side, we can accommodate this obsession quite easily (and inexpensively.) AJ once loved Diego, too. So we're already well equipped with Diego toys and DVDs.

Another plus: when Sydney watches Diego, she does more more than just sit and stare. She's an active participant, which makes me feel a little less guilty about TV time. It's pretty adorable to hear her answering back at the appropriate cues and attempt to sing, "Go Diego go. Go Diego go. Al rescate amigo. To the rescue my friend!"

P.S. If any of the song lyrics are misspelled, it's because I'm trying to spell them like she pronounces them. It's certainly not because I might have forgotten any of my Spanish language lessons. That would never happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment