Thursday, November 26, 2009

Father/son bonding

Oh how sweet... Daddy and AJ sharing a special moment. A passing on of interests from one generation to the next. With AJ on his lap, Daddy imparted to him a small portion of his vast knowledge and experience. Together they watched, and enjoyed...


...as the muppets sang Bohemian Rhapsody on YouTube.

If you can't tell, that's Miss Piggy in the screen shot. She's singing "Nothing really matters... but moi!"
Over and over they watched it. Laughing at the characters and music of Daddy's youth, as Jeff helped him learn the difference between Animal, Beaker, Fozzie Bear and a host of other Jim Henson creatures that I didn't know even had names. (By the way, if anyone wants to see this lovely classic, here's a link.)
I suppose I shouldn't be too worried about any warping effect this may have on my child. After all, I have many fond memories of watching the Muppets on TV with my Dad. And I turned out okay, right? Right?
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Use this day to make memories with those you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment