Sunday, March 13, 2011

A healthy shade of pink

Saturday afternoon was a relaxing one. Jeff and AJ were watching the high school hockey tournament, and Sydney was watcing a movie on the DVD player. So I settled on the couch to read a book (a book without cardboard pages or a 24-point font size, I should add.)

A short time later, Sydney came over, as she often does, and asked for a hug. One look at her face and I put down my book. Her cheeks were beyond red. Her jawline looked so hot it was almost purple.


I quickly felt her face. It seemed perfectly cool. I asked her if she felt okay. She seemed confused by the question and responded by giving me another hug.

I was baffled. Time for a little Mommy Detective work.

The small purple mark on her pajamas (it barely shows in the lower left corner of the above photo) provided the first clue. A ha! Isn't this the same child who'd been coloring with markers a little earlier? The same child who'd proudly showed me her very purple creation? Yes! There it was on the refrigerator.


And isn't this the same child who likes to lay on the floor on her stomach resting her chin in her hands while watching her DVD player?

"Sydney, show Mommy your hands."


Mystery solved!

No comments:

Post a Comment