Thursday, March 3, 2011

Spring dresses

If you're a girly girl who loves frilly things, is there any time of year more wonderful than when stores start to sell spring dresses?


Sydney's already found the one she wants for Easter. "Look Mom! This one's beautiful! And it has a pretty bow."

Oh, but wait! Then she saw the dresses on the next rack. And the next rack. "This one has beautiful flowers," she excitedly told me.

Every one  of them, at least those that were predominantly pink, were "beautiful" or "very pretty" in Sydney's assessment.

All we were doing was killing some time at the mall while Jeff took AJ to get his glasses straightened. I'd walked into Sears in search of a light sweater. Little did I know that the girls section is right next to where I needed to look.

I didn't spend much time looking at light sweaters. Sydney, who earlier in the evening informed me that she needed a new skirt, spotted the dresses and that was the end of shopping for me.

"Is this one my size?" she asked, pausing by the first dress that caught her eye.

"I don't know," I answered, holding up a size 4 and a size 5 to compare lengths.

"I think I'm a ME-DI-UM," she said, over-enunciating the size. I'm trying to figure out where she would have learned that, because kids clothes are sized in numbers, not small, medium and large. I told her we'll need to try the dresses on, and we didn't have time last night.

And so we didn't buy any dresses. And I never found a light sweater. But now both of us are looking forward to "Mommy-Sydney Day" tomorrow. A trip back to the mall is definitely on the agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment