Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Out of the mouth of Sydney

It's Sydney's turn in the chatterbox spotlight. Here's a sampling of the latest "Sydney-isms".


At dinnertime, I couldn't remember which child's turn it was to pick the prayer. I told AJ and Sydney to pick a number between one and five. Sydney immediately shouted "Five!"

AJ looked confused so I repeated the instruction. He still didn't get it, so I spelled it out: "Pick a number: one, two, three or four." He chose four. The number was two, so I told AJ to pick the prayer.

Crossing her arms dejectedly in front of her, Sydney complained, "This is too hard!"

*****

Sydney has a new favorite bedtime treat, though she has a mental block on the name, forgetting one of the three words in the name. Climbing on the stool to help herself to some Thin Mints, she belatedly remembered to ask, "Mommy, can I have a Girl Cookie?"

*****

Struggling to play a game on my phone because the volume was turned off, Sydney brought the (in her mind) defective toy  to me explaining, "It's not talking."

As I checked that the ringer was turned on and the volume turned off, Sydney suggested, "Maybe it needs new batteries."

No comments:

Post a Comment