Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring cleaning

Perhaps it was caused by the bright sun shining through the windows revealing more dust and fingerprints than I could bear. Or maybe it was because I knew I had a half dozen friends and their kids coming over Sunday for a Mary Kay party and playdate. Regardless the cause, the spring cleaning bug hit me hard Friday, and it quickly spread to Sydney.


One look at me with spray bottle in hand, and Sydney wanted to help. "What can I do Mommy?" became her phrase. I didn't trust her with the bottle of Windex, but was happy to hand over the towel. That was all she needed to happily run around the house in search of surfaces to wipe.

It was a challenge finding enough places she could reach. I directed her to the chest in the living room, which is the perfect height for a play table and thus is constantly covered with her toys. That kept her busy for a while as I moved on to cleaning projects of mine own. I vaguely recall her announcing she was all done. It wasn't until I walked into the living room that I realized what that meant.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but later in the day Jeff and I decided to have another garage sale this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment