Sunday, February 12, 2012

From the mind that never rests...

I turned off the computer this weekend, thus my four day absence from blogging. It wasn't intentional. I just got busy doing other things. I'd like to say I got a lot accomplished by not staring at the computer screen. But there's always so much more to do.

With plenty to write about, I'll let AJ take over with a few of his recent gems.

After his sister had a playdate that brought two extra girls into the house, AJ added a sign to his bedroom door. The junior police sticker adds such an official touch, don't you think?


And do you suppose Girls aquiet are okay?

***

AJ was taking forever to fall asleep last night, so I laid down next to him in bed, which usually helps settle him down. In the dark, AJ whispered, "Mom, I think I figured out why it takes me so long to fall asleep."

"Why is that?" I asked.

"It's because I don't like sleeping."

***

Jeff and I have fairly different musical tastes, something the kids have become aware of. During a recent car ride, as I was singing along to a song on the radio, AJ asked, "When you were in high school, did you like rock music?"

Me: Yup.

AJ: Did you like '80s music?

Me: When I was in high school, it was the '80s.

Speaking of '80s music, AJ wandered into the room while I was watching news coverage of the death of Whitney Houston. He'd never heard of her, so I pulled up a song on YouTube, telling him she was very popular when I was in high school. (No musical audition would be complete without someone - not me, I knew my limitations - failing miserably to sing one of her songs.) AJ listened for almost a minute before losing interest. To make my point, I said, "See? Didn't she have an incredible voice?

AJ agreed, briefly. "Yeah," he answered, "but she's not as good as Frank Sinatra."

No comments:

Post a Comment