Sunday, February 5, 2012

Where are they now?

I know I'm not the only parent who asks this on their child's birthday, but what happened to my baby? It seems like not that long ago we were snuggling with an 8 lb 12 oz bundle of joy as we watched the Super Bowl together from my hospital room. I have no clue which team won - or even played - that year. (I do, however, clearly recall which commercials made me laugh - and then wince - the hardest. The pain medication given after a C-section is no match for the humor of Super Bowl commercials.)

All of a sudden, seven years have passed. My baby weighs 60 pounds, and all that brown hair has long since turned blonde.


AJ may have rushed to get here (born 12 days early) in time for the big football game, but this sports fan now is all about hockey. Below is a picture of him last night, killing time during the Wild game's intermission.  Doing what? Playing a modified form of hockey, of course. In this version, AJ is the offense, goalie and commentator:


His favorite gift this year: a #22 jersey. I loved his expression when he saw the name Clutterbuck printed on the back.


One last update worth noting. If you go back up to the top photo, check out the blanket AJ is swaddled in - it's a fairly standard blanket used by probably just about every birthing center in the country. We smuggled a couple home from the hospital (as I suspect probably just about every new parent does.) Sydney had been using the blanket for her dolls. But now it's been claimed for a new use: puppy chew toy.


Happy birthday, AJ. Seven years ago, I had no idea what to expect. And even today, I love you more than I could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment