Sunday, February 26, 2012

McCommunication error

What's going on
As a fundraiser for AJ's school, some of the teachers and the principal will be working at McDonald's one evening, with 15 percent of sales from the three-hour period being donated to the school. It's a fairly common marketing gimic for fastfood restaurants. They get customers in the door, boost their own sales and look like a good community partner all at the same time. (My ad agency has a client that does the same thing.)

How my first grader interpreted it
AJ: Did you see my newspaper?

Me: Your newspaper?

AJ: My newspaper.

Me (grabbing the folder from his backpack): You mean your notes?

AJ: Yeah. One of them said my school isn't making very much money, so they're going to work at McDonald's to make some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment