Saturday, February 16, 2013

Go Wild!

It's another busy hockey weekend, with both kids playing in a tournament. At least their games are in the same city, so we only have to travel between adjoining arenas, as opposed to multiple towns.

Last weekend we had no hockey scheduled, and so we once again found a way - for AJ's birthday - to fill it with hockey.


It was the kids first time at Xcel, and Jeff's and my first time there in a really long time. (We had no kids the last time we were there.) We got there early, which gave us plenty of time to walk around the arena


and pose for silly pictures.


It also gave Jeff time to register for various promotions. More on that later.

Our seats were in the nose bleed section, but that didn't matter to AJ.


Or to Sydney, who was more interested in playing with my phone.


There really are no bad seats in the arena. Even from as high up as we were, I was able to take some cool action shots.


AJ's favorite player is now Zach Parise. And Jeff likes Devin Setoguchi. (I suspect because he just enjoys yelling "Gooch!") Sydney declared Cal Clutterbuck is her second favorite. But if you ask her who her favorite, she'll tell you she can't remember.

I don't really have a favorite, though I do feel a certain connection to Clutterbuck. After all, the post about AJ not wanting to have his picture taken with him remains my most read blog post ever. (I'd like to pretend it was because of my brilliant writing, but I also see the stats of how many google to find his photo. And so, just in case someone's looking for another picture, here he is in action.)


The highlight of the game came during second intermission. Remember I mentioned Jeff registered for some promotions? Would you believe he got two passes for the kids to ride the Zamboni.


AJ did a great job waving to the crowd. Sydney (on the far right) was just awe.


Of course the other highlight came at the very end, when the Wild won in overtime. And "Gooch" scored the winning goal. And Jeff got to yell his name a couple more times.

Supposedly the Wild will be emailing me photos in another week, presumably a more close up shot of the kids on the Zamboni. The online request form asked which promotion they participated in and what they were wearing. I resisted the urge to fill in the blank with "Wild shirt". That would have narrowed it right down!


And the kids are already asking when we can do this again. What a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment