Saturday, February 23, 2013

On the morning she could sleep in

So the child who couldn't drag herself out of bed at 7 a.m. yesterday, was ready to start her day at 7:30 today. That extra half hour makes such a difference!

Or maybe it has something to do with what she does - or doesn't - have to do today.


Last night, she told me her tummy hurt. "I'm not going to throw up," she assured me. "My tummy just hurts."

Knowing that she was tired, and feeling remarkably unambitious myself, I invited her to cuddle with me on the couch, where I'd been laying reading a book. And it was there that she fell asleep.

This morning when she woke up, I went into her bedroom, where the conversation went like this:

Sydney: Even when I'm sleeping my tummy still hurts.

Me: Oh?

Sydney: And by the way, do we have school today?

Me: No. So I think we'll just take it easy today.

Sydney: Do we have school the next day?

Me: No, tomorrow is Sunday.

Sydney: What about the next day?

Me: Yes, you'll go back to school on Monday. So do you want to snuggle right now, or are you ready to get up?

Sydney: Let's snuggle.

(30 seconds pass)

Sydney: Okay. I'm ready to get up now.

And so our day begins...

1 comment:

  1. We've had this happening at our house lately too! I don't understand why the kids I have to drag out of bed at 7am every morning for school pop out of bed at 6:55 am on weekends.

    ReplyDelete