Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Day

Have you noticed the lack of blog posts lately? Blame this:


Between preparing for the County's annual lobbying visit to the capitol, and then taking part in it, I've been more than a tad busy. But now it's all over. And life is good.

Since I knew I'd be gone Wednesday, I encouraged the kids to finish their valentine's early. Oh my goodness, that was a lot of work. 


Signing cards, inserting the tattoo stickers that go with them, taping the card to candy. It took a long, long, long time to finish.



Good thing there was extra candy that served as a nice incentive for them to finish.


Wednesday morning arrived. What a special morning. It was the morning of "Breakfast with Books", when parents are invited to come to school for a quick breakfast in the cafeteria. In theory, we're supposed to read a book to our child while we're there, but in reality, I'm just doing my best to keep my kids from spilling juice on the books that are spread across the table.

But that's not all. Besides needing to go to school with the kids, and needing to pack a bag for an overnight stay in St. Paul, Wednesday also happened to be Crazy Hat Day at school, which is somehow supposed to get kids excited about reading. (February is I Love to Read month.) It also happened to be the 100th day of school, so all the kids were supposed to bring in 100 small items to show their class. And I wanted the kids to bring their Valentines (each of them had cards, plus AJ had a "mailbox" he'd decorated) so Jeff would have one less thing to worry about on Thursday while I was gone.

We remembered all that. But forgot Sydney's gloves. Never a dull moment.

And now you know why I've had no time to blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment