Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The future filibuster-er

Here's the latest from the child who can talk at length about anything.

"Mommy, why is Christmas so far away?"
"Because it's still November. You have to wait another month."
"It's NOT November," he insisted. "I don't like November."
I couldn't resist asking, "Why don't you like November?"
"Because I don't like Thanksgiving. I don't like turkey and smashed potatoes."
"You like turkey," I reminded him. "And Thanksgiving also has pie."
He was silent for a moment, then: "This year, I want to spend Thanksgiving at home."
That surprised me, so I questioned, "You don't want to see Grandpa and Grandma at Thanksgiving? Or Jonathon and Jessica?"
Finally, a squeal of delight. "I was just kidding. I like Thanksgiving."
A little later he returned to the topic, "Mommy, I like smashed potatoes and pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie is your son's favorite!"

This kid isn't going to be just any politician. He's destined for the U.S. Senate. No one can use conversation as a stall tactic quite like AJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment