Monday, November 17, 2008

Score 1 for the onions

AJ was so excited to help me cook dinner. We tried a new recipe that included four different kinds of diced up vegetables. AJ was having a ball helping me chop them all - until the onions fought back.

Before I realized what was happening, AJ's eyes started to water. Making it worse, he rubbed them, putting his onion-scented hands in even closer contact. I took off his glasses, washed his hands and showed him how to fan them in front of his eyes. That did the trick, and soon he was back in action, taking out his aggression on the food chopper and remaining chunks of onion.

Sadly, despite our best efforts, the new recipe did not live up to expections. Not only did it not taste good, it was a major effort to prepare. Who wants to cook something in a crock pot that requires about a half hour of prep time?

1 comment:

  1. It's my experience that diced things don't do well in the crock pot.

    ReplyDelete