Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A landmark day

There's been so much talk of change as a result of yesterday's election. But I have to say it was an event exactly a decade ago that changed the course of my life as much as any other. It was ten years ago today that Jeff asked me to marry him.


Risking public humiliation had I said no, Jeff surprised me on air and popped the big question. I'm still amazed at how many people at WDIO were in on the secret and helped coordinate the surprise, and I had no clue it was coming.

Last night, I popped the video into the VCR to capture a screen shot. We ended up playing the "Mommy and Daddy" movie for AJ and Sydney. AJ giggled most of the time. He thought it was really cool to see us on TV. He wanted us to re-play the part where I ran down the hall to find Jeff in the studio. Sydney, meanwhile, just kept pointing at the screen, exclaiming, "Daddy. Mom. Daddy. Mom."

As amazing as the last ten years have been. I can't wait to experience the next ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment