Sunday, November 23, 2008

Triangles everywhere!

It's no secret that AJ has inherited his Grandpa David's "messy hair" gene. Normally it's no big deal because we remember to comb it, and - if we don't - he doesn't really mind, anyway.

That changed for some reason on Friday. In our haste to head out the door, I forgot to try and make sense of the blonde mop, and AJ suddenly started to care.


It was in the car, on the way to McDonald's for lunch, that AJ suddenly wailed, "Oh no, I still have messy hair. The kids will laugh at me."

Trying to calm him, I reasoned, "No one's going to laugh at you. Have you ever laughed at anyone for having messy hair?"



"Yes," was his honest answer.

So much for that idea.

He must have caught sight of his shadow, because he next wailed. "I look like a triangle! I look like a stegosaurus!"

You know it must be serious when the thought of looking like a dinosaur doesn't improve the situation.

These photos, by the way, were taken later in the afternoon, so the "triangles" had been flattened a bit by his hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment