Thursday, June 4, 2009

God "nose" what mommies need.

I realized something Sunday. For all the prayers we say during any given church service, I pray the hardest when I hear those special words from our pastor: "I now invite the kids to come forward for a children's message."

"Please, dear God, don't let AJ say or do anything too embarassing while he's up there."

God clearly heard and answered my prayer on Sunday. How do I know? On Saturday night, Jeff and I attended an awesome party for one of my clients. It had a circus theme, so all the guests were given red clown noses, which we gave to AJ when we got home.

On Sunday morning, the pastor invited the kids to come forward, and I started my silent plea. AJ was about halfway down the pew, trying to work his way around the people sitting between us and the aisle, when he stopped, turned around and handed Jeff the nose, which he'd been holding in his hand.

Yes, God answers prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment