Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Mom's helper

AJ's obsession with hockey jerseys has reached a new level of annoyance. Friday was a warm day, too warm for a hockey jersey. At least that's what I told him because the one he wanted to wear was in the wash. So I convinced him to wear his soccer "jersey" instead. That worked until later in the afternoon when he apparently decided he simply could not survive another minute without donning something that said Minnesota Wild.

I was in another part of the house when I heard AJ announce, "Mom, I put all the clothes in the dryer but I can't reach the button."

This scared me a bit, because I knew the dryer was already full of dry clothes waiting to be folded. Never fear. AJ had taken care of that.

My darling little "helper" had pulled all the clean clothes from the dryer onto the floor. He then, no doubt, stepped all over those clean clothes while moving the wet laundry from the washer to the dryer.

He was quite disappointed to learn that despite all his hard work, it would still take an hour for his hockey jersey to be dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment