Saturday, June 27, 2009

Pedal power!

We thought we were being so smart back in 2006. That's when we bought our bikes and the tow-behind trailer. AJ was only a year and a half at the time, and Sydney didn't exist. But since we were hoping for a second child, we bought the double-wide version of the trailer. So everything worked out perfectly, right?


Here's the faulty part of that logic: strap these two in, and suddenly you're hauling 75 pounds of kids, not to mention the weight of the trailer. But the kids love to ride and, despite the close confines, they get along well. Plus it's a great work-out. So despite Jeff being gone last night, I bravely set out to take them to the playground.

AJ snapped this picture of me from the trailer as we prepared for the trek home. I'm smiling because I had not yet attempted the never-ending hill, better known as Highway 61, that must be conquered to reach home. Whatever the muscle group is on the back of my thighs, they are killing me this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment