Sunday, June 7, 2009

Water fun

Here's a recipe for fun: start with a sunny afternoon, add in a friend (Gino) you haven't seen in a month and then sprinkle in some shockingly cold water.
My plan was simply to water our pathetically brown lawn. But the sprinkler was a powerful magnet, drawing the boys to it with an unseen force. After one or two mad dashes, their clothes were pretty wet, so I belatedly made them change into swimsuits, which gave me the opportunity to lay their clothes to dry in the sun.

Sydney, of course, wanted to copy her big brother. Until she got a blast of the ice cold water. I'm not sure if her scream was born of shock, rage or a combination of the two, but I'm certain any neighbors in a two block radius probably heard her. From that point on, the only water Sydney wanted anything to do with, was the bottled variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment