Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Animal attraction

I recently commented to someone that both Maggie and Spike, for some reason, seem to prefer Sydney over AJ. I speculated that maybe it's because Sydney's a little calmer and quieter than AJ, and thus appears less threatening. Or maybe it's because Sydney is more likely to drop table scraps on the floor

Or perhaps, at least in Maggie's case, it has something to do with the large number of treats Sydney is more than happy to toss her way.

Check out that handful. Sydney has three dog treats wedged in her tiny fist. I believe she was announcing, "Here Maggie!" as I snapped the picture.

Last week, I caught Sydney feeding cookies to Maggie. (The cookies were still on a cooling rack on the counter, and so easily reached by Sydney.) I told her cookies were bad for puppies, and that she should give Maggie a dog treat instead. That was all the encouragement she needed to wheel the stool over and start doling out milk bones like she's the prize patrol.

Perhaps Spike's interest in Sydney is simply a curiosity of what she needs to do to enjoy the same "treat"ment.

No comments:

Post a Comment